Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Silver Screen Cowgirl Demonstration

I've had several folks ask about my technique in painting my sepia Silver Screen Cowgirls so I promised to post a demo.

First, let me apologize for the photos. They aren't great. I photographed the painting at the end of each day. I paint under Daylight florescent bulbs which makes the image a bit yellow. Some of the images were taken with natural light. Anyway, I think you'll still get the idea.

This is my palette. The top left is Permalba white, the bottom right is Winton Raw Umber. I've mixed the two together to get seven more values. There's nothing exact about this, I just want a range of values.

Next: day one - blocking in the values

See Day One of Demo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. Come back soon