Monday, March 30, 2009

In Disguise




In Disguise is a commissioned painting. It is 36 x 30, oil on canvas. The Plains Indian warrior wears a Wolf Headdress with eagle feathers. His buffalo robe shows a painting of two warriors in battle.

The buffalo robe had many uses. One of them was for a disguise. When a rider was on horse back covered with the robe he resembled a buffalo when seen from a distance.

The wolf headdress served the same purpose. The headdress was often used by scouts to disguise themselves.

You can see more of my warriors on my website

SOLD

2 comments:

  1. Hi, K.!! I am bowled over by your beautiful artwork. Both this and your other blog are exceptional! I will be back again...and again...and...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dean H. Thanks for your nice comments. I'm planning on adding new art at least once a week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. Come back soon